Mar 27, 2009

SPRING BREAK!!

So spring break was AWESOME! It was so nice to be able to relax, watch movies and go places!
We have been wanting to go to a water park for a long time, and so finally went during spring break. We went up to the indoor water park in Erie PA, which is about 2 hours north of us. The greatest part....it was snowing the whole day up there! But we were at a happy 84 degrees in bathing suits!! SWEET! It was sooooo much fun. We went thursday and spent the whole day up there. This is what the park looked like. Its not letting me see the pics so I have no idea what order they are in, but the pic with the orange slide was amazing! I about had a heart attack the first time I went down it. Its funny how after a while your body adjusts and you dont get such an intense adrenaline rush, but the first few times it really freaked me out. You start by going down a completely black tube and then you just shoot out of the hole at 40 MPH!!! and swish around the "toilet bowl" 3 times before you are "flushed" down the hole into 6ft of water. Its crazy and sooo much fun, we never got sick of going down it. It was weird too cuz you could fall down the hole anyway, once it was feet first, then sideways and then head first....it was really hard to try and correct yourself before you fell down the hole. They also had the larger one that you went down with tubes...you could double. That was a lot of fun too. I think the freakiest part is that most of the slides were pitch black so you couldnt tell when there would be a drop or when you were going to exit or stop.









So on the way home from the water park our cars belt snapped in the middle of now where. You know I used to think that the east coast was packed with people and you didnt drive through endless landscapes of nothingness....well its not true, on our way down from erie we pulled off the road on an off ramp and the closest store...which was a wal mart was 35 miles away. Luckily for us the belt only ripped in half and so we were very lucky to make it home that night without major expenses. It was unexpected cuz we had just replaced the belt about 3 months earlier but found out that one of the pulleys was loose and the belt had slipped off halfway only to be ripped by the loose pulley. Anyway because we had just replaced it we did have the old one in the basement (dont ask me why it wasnt in the car) so jordan was able to replace it with the old one we had just replaced that night until we could go get a new one. So we got home around midnight, and then woke up at 3 am to drive to WA DC!!

Kristen got released from her mission! HURRAY, She had been serving in VA and was able to meet us at the DC temple on friday at 9 am, so after an exhausting day at the water park we made the trek to DC. It was sooo fun tho to see her. We made it there just in time for the session and of course because we were on time they were late and missed the session, so we hung around until they came through and I was able to see her in the Celestial room. It was really neat, and made me really happy to see her. Afterwards we went to applebees with her dad who flew out to pick her up. I was so glad I got to see her, but of course it was way to short of a time and I wish she could have come to pittsburgh for a couple of days before she had to go home...which is in cali.

Then there are just random pics of us, One is of jordan sleeping in our neurophys class....which happens quite often. :) and there is one of a fruit pizza, I had been wanting one of these forever, so last weekend I had the beehives over for our 50 day reading of the book of mormon party and made one. I think it looks really cool, and it tasted even better. The party was a lot of fun, we played softball for 2 hours and then group games, made mini pizza's and then had a fire in the backyard where both jordan and I talked about reading the BOM to them. One of the girls brought two of her non member friends and she gave them both a BOM that night....I was so excited for her. There were 11 girls altogether along with 2 other leaders. We had it at our house, which is the first time anyone from the ward has really been there, it was really fun to see that everyone fit. Oh and then there is a random pic of of a computer place, thats where i work, the little dude on the left is what i do...very easy.







4 comments:

Shamaine said...

Hi, I'm glad you left a comment! I remember Dave telling me once that you were due around the same time as me, I didn't know you had a blog though. Was spring break just recent? I can't believe you went to a water park and did all that. I'm much more of a chicken. :) It's also nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way about being almost done. :)

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Wow that water park looks tight! But PLEASE tell me you didn't go down those scary slides while being prego???? lol...

So I hear the long awaited day is about to arrive...GRADUATION???
Here is my early Congratulations!!! That is an amazing accomplishment, and will bless your growing family so much!!

Glad to hear you guys had a fun Spring Break! Keep in Touch!

Luv ya,
Marie :D

Parry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Parry said...

LOL you are SO pregnant! anyway. that fruit pizza look fanastically mouth watering! we ought to make one when you come out here with your little squirt. lol i think that'll be my nickname for it. and the water park looks intense! next time i'm out there we should go. how much was it to get in?

chelsea p.s. i keep forgetting that this thing doesn't tell you who it is that is posting! >:(

About Me

We are both students at the University of Pittsburgh in the Neuroscience program. We graduate April 26 2009!! Loni is 23 and Jordan is 24. Jordan would like to be a doctor in the Air Force...as a career and has just finished applying to medical schools. I am pregnant and ready to be a little mom. We are both way to ready to graduate. Jordan is working as the Tech guy for the University's Jazz band, which he loves. I am currently working as a computer consultant on campus...its a very easy job, very school friendly. Jordan is the Gospel principles teacher in our ward and I am the new second counselor in the Young womens, so I am over the Beehives. Jordan does great at his calling and loves to "vent", and I love mine, the beehives are awesome...definitely the best ones of the pick. On the side we are both landlords, which is turning out to be a cinch so far.